Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Lesson From An Old Man on Bus Trans Jakarta


It has happened a couple days ago, or could be last years. Oops! I have forgot. But it happened when a bus Trans Jakarta from Harmoni to Pulogadung, crowded with passenger. And it moves slow from Harmoni, add more passenger but less passenger who were getting out.

An old man came up and standing a cross of me, he has stand in front of school boys. They are playing on each other. Laughing and cheerful. "Excuse me, may i take a seat?"
They heard but keep playing. "Hey boys, would you give me a seat?" with high tone.
They were silence, a boy stood up and give an old man a seat.

About 30 minutes, a pregnant lady has standing in front of an old man. With gentleman attitude, he has offering his seat to this pregnant lady. And she refuses gently, make a boy beside an old man stood up and give her a seat. She thanked him, and took a seat.
Bus trans Jakarta has moved slow with over capacity.

And another old man stood in front of me, i was offering a seat for him. He thanked me, but still stood up and he said,"Thank you son! It is very kind of you! But i am sorry i could not taking your seat. I would but i won't! I am going to be out on next 2 bus station up a head".

Feel proud and ashamed in the same time, but hey, kindness should be spreading all over this bus Trans Jakarta. When i saw a man like me has standing up for an old woman next to me.
If you were on that situation, would you give a seat to an old man/woman, pregnant lady, women with kids or disable people?
Only your heart could answering it with real action.
:)

2 comments: